Do you know how to setup TikTok ads or improve on what you know so far? With more than a billion users, TikTok ads can now potentially reach 825 to 900 million adults around the world. This makes TikTok ads a great advertising medium to reach out to your target audience.
However, as you keep reading, you’ll get to know how to setup TikTok ads effectively reach out to your audience and make great sales. Before we proceed, let’s get to know how TikTok works.
What is TikTok?
For the record, TikTok is not the internationalized version of Douyin that was published in China in September 2016.
It debuted in 2017 for iOS and Android outside of China but didn’t become available internationally until 2 August 2018 when it merged with another Chinese social media service, Musical.ly.
ByteDance, a Chinese firm, owns the short-form video hosting service TikTok, which is known in China as Douyin (Chinese: ; pinyin: Duyn). Video submissions from users can be anywhere between three seconds and ten minutes in length.
With nearly identical user interfaces, TikTok and Douyin are unable to access one other’s content. While the two items are comparable, they do not share every feature. In addition to purchasing, reserving hotels, and making geo-tagged reviews, Douyin also has a video search engine that can search by people’s faces to find additional videos of them.
TikTok and Douyin have both exploded in popularity since their respective releases. When October, 2020 rolled around, TikTok had already been downloaded over 2 billion times throughout the globe via mobile devices.
What is TikTok Ads?
In TikTok ads, you have the ability to target a particular amount of video views, website visitors, or new followers when you purchase the premium option known as TikTok Promote.
After determining the target audience for your advertisements, the next step is to establish a spending limit and a timeline for the campaign before eventually putting it into action.
Related: How to start gtbank pos business
Types of TikTok Ads
The availability of particular forms of advertising may vary by location. A wide variety of advertising opportunities exist on TikTok.
As a result, you can select the method most likely to successfully convey your intended message to the intended audience.
See the 10 types of TikTok ads below;
- Video in-feed ads: On the “For You” page of TikTok, in-feed videos are advertisements that play alongside the user’s native news feed.
- Brand takeover ads: Advertisements that “brand takeover” the screen for a few seconds allow the advertiser to have complete control of the conversation. The video transitions to an in-feed advertisement.
- TikTok spark ads: In 2021, TikTok introduced Spark advertisements, which allow businesses to fund trending organic content that is relevant to their product.
- Picture ads: While running the ad type, TopBuzz and Babe news feed apps allow advertisers to embed picture advertising within videos that show on the platform.
- Commercial video ads: Commercial videos, lasting between five and sixty seconds, can play in full screen in a user’s “For You” stream.
- Ads by Pandle: This ad type allows video platform that works in tandem with TikTok to provide video, native, and banner options in select markets.
- Carousel ads: Advertisements with a carousel of up to 10 photos can be seen in the TikTok news feed apps.
A carousel commercial like the ones found on TikTok.
- Branded AR ads: TikTok viewers may include your advertisements into their films in the form of branded AR content like stickers, glasses, and more.
- Ads by Hashtag: Promote user engagement using a hashtag challenge, which may be found in the “Discovery” tab of the app.
- Sponsored ads: Advertisements on TikTok might take the form of sponsored content created by an influential user, or “influencer.”
How to Setup TikTok Ads
Do you know how to setup TikTok ads? This article will provide you with some guidelines for organizing your own campaign.
Simply visit TikTok Ads Manager to begin creating your advertising campaign. You will need to sign up for TikTok Ads Manager if you haven’t already.
1. Select a Desired Outcome
Launch your campaign by logging into TikTok Ads Manager and selecting the Campaign tab. TikTok’s advertising aims can be divided down into three groups, totaling seven distinct goals:
- Exposure Potential: Get your ad in front of as many eyes as possible (in beta).
- Focus on getting people to visit a specific web address (URL).
- Installs: Getting people to download your app.
- Video Impressions: Increasing the Number of Times Your Ad Is Played (in beta).
- Use an Instant Form that has already been filled out to generate leads.
- Get visitors to take desired activities on your site, like buying a product or signing up for a service, by emphasizing conversions.
- Advertisements that change frequently based on your product catalog (in beta, and only available to those with a managed ad account in supported regions).
2. Give your marketing effort a name and a price tag
Find a catchy moniker for your campaign that will help your employees remember it. There’s a 512-character cap.
Setting No Limit on your campaign budget is an option if you have unlimited funds or would rather limit spending on individual ad groups than the entire campaign as a whole.
Other than that, decide whether you want to limit your campaign to a daily or permanent budget (more on that below).
For both the App Installs and Conversions goals, you may optimize your campaign budget utilizing the Lowest Cost bidding approach.
TikTok is rolling out a new tool that would recommend a bid based on your CPC goals.
3. Advertising groups can be named, and placements can be chosen.
One to one thousand ad groups might be part of a single campaign. There’s a 512-character cap on ad group names.
Each group of advertisements can have its own unique display settings. Unfortunately, not all listed positions can be found in every city:
- In-feed advertisements in the For You feed on TikTok.
- App promotion in the News Feed includes commercials within TikTok’s sister apps BuzzVideo and
- There’s TopBuzz, NewsRepublic, and Babe.
- Pangle placement: TikTok’s massive user base.
- TikTok is able to maximize ad distribution with automatic placement.
4. You can opt to employ ACO (Automated Creative Optimisation)
Until you make specific advertising, you won’t be able to post your creative.
But for the time being, you may choose whether or not to have TikTok randomly generate combinations of your images, movies, and ad copy.
The highest-performing advertisements will subsequently be prioritized by the system. Brand new advertisers are strongly encouraged by TikTok to activate this option.
5. Focus on your market
TikTok advertisements, like those on other social media platforms, can be tailored to reach a certain demographic. Ads can be targeted in a variety of ways, including through the use of a lookalike or custom audience, as well as based on:
- Information on Language
6. Plan out your advertising spending and groupings
You have already decided upon a spending cap for the entire campaign. Setting the advertising group’s budget and timetable is the next step.
Set the beginning and ending times for your ad group, as well as a daily or lifetime budget.
Dayparting also allows you to schedule when your ad will be seen throughout the day (based on your account time zone).
7.Prepare a budget and set up categories for your advertising
The overall marketing budget has been set by your decision. Next, the group responsible for advertising should decide on a spending plan and schedule.
Schedule when the ad group will run and for how long, as well as establish a daily or lifetime budget.
Also, using dayparting, you may choose specific times of day for your ad to run (based on your account time zone).
Finally, select between standard or expedited shipping. As opposed to the standard method, which spreads the funding out over the duration of the campaign, the accelerated method uses the funds as quickly as feasible.
8.Make your ad(s)
A maximum of twenty adverts may be placed in any one ad group. Only internal use is permitted for each of the 512 character ad names (it does not appear on the ad itself).
Pick an ad kind, like a still picture, a video, or a Spark ad. TikTok itself (as opposed to the TikTok family of apps) only supports video or Spark advertisements.
Upload photographs and videos, or make a video from scratch with Ads Manager’s video editor and template.
You should know that studies conducted by TikTok demonstrate that using the TikTok video editor can cut CPA by as much as 46%.
Pick a sample thumbnail from the gallery, or add your own. After that, add your text and the link.
Take a look at the preview of your ad on the right, add any necessary tracking links, and then hit the Submit button. There will be a review of your ad before it is released.
Please note that Spark Ads requires you to obtain an access code from the content’s producers before you can utilize it. TikTok offers comprehensive guidance on creating Spark Ads.
Check out the TikTok Creator Marketplace if you’d rather collaborate with a creator on a personalized campaign.
You may find that advertising on TikTok is very different from advertising on other social networks. Once you learn the ins and outs of TikTok advertising, though, your company could reap significant benefits.
Focus on being as simple and straightforward as possible so that the app’s diverse and active user base can quickly absorb your message.